Disallowing custom namespaces

Hi all,

It's been an exciting month in the click appstore. The contest really
put all our assumptions to the test and had us on our feet fixing and
improving things left and right.
We still have a while to go, but things are looking smoother every day.

One thing that became obvious very quickly was that verifying custom
namespaces (com.yourdomain) is painful and hard to automate. It also
adds little or no value to users and developers.
I was wondering if we shouldn't just lock everyone into a
com.ubuntu.developer.* namespace, and keep custom namespaces for
specific exceptions (maybe for specific large companies and other
special cases).

Any thoughts on this?

--
Martin