Re: Running scripts where host_version != click_framework_version

On 06/11/2014 11:38 AM, David Barth wrote:
> Le 11/06/2014 18:25, Martin Albisetti a écrit :
>> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 5:30 PM, Jamie Strandboge <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> An idea I had was to make click-reviewers-tools entirely self-contained. Ie, it
>>> ships the policy files in its own click-reviewers-tools directory along with all
>>> the frameworks it wants to support. This does add a maintenance burden, but I
>>> don't think too much. We could automate slurping in the bits we embed in the
>>> package. This has a lot of benefits:
>>>   * it works easily with the SDK (they don't need a separate chroot)
>>>   * we don't have to install different frameworks on the machine doing the
>>>     reviewing
>>>   * we don't have to install new apparmor policy and/or apparmor on the machine
>>>     doing the reviewing
>>>   * SRUs or -backports are pretty simple
>>>   * the automated reviews machine can stay on an LTS
>> Big +1 from me.
> Same here. Right now you can't prepare / review a new package on a Trusty
> install, and that's really odd.

Right, we all agree which is why Daniel started this conversation. :)

> Is there a branch to test that implements some of this?

Not yet-- since we are in agreement, I'll take an action to do it and document
how to update the packaging and when (ie, I won't do the automated slurping
now). I have a couple of high priority items to get to first, but will get to
this hopefully next week.