Re: More sound, wiki pages...

On 04/12/2010 09:44 PM, David Henningsson wrote:
Brad Figg wrote:
Linked off of: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio

Are: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/CheckForMutedSpeakerVolume
      https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/CheckForMutedMicrophone

Please feel free to give me feedback on them and to point people
at them.

It seems to be a good start and I'm glad that you're improving the
documentation. What comes to mind is that they only apply cleanly to the
one mainstream case of GNOME + one soundcard. I guess things vary a
little bit if you're using Kubuntu/Xubuntu/etc, or if you have more than
one soundcard (e g both HDMI output, and extra external soundcards, are
pretty common).

// David

Your points are perfectly valid. I think the thing to do is to take
what I've started with and then give pointers off to pages that do
the same thing for other distro variations.

I agree that one soundcard is the simple case, it is probably the
most common. I'm not at all opposed to extending the documentation
to cover other cases.

Brad
--
Brad Figg brad.figg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.canonical.com