Re: karmic and lucid alsa-driver c-o-d busted

On 05/27/2010 01:11 PM, David Henningsson wrote:
On 2010-05-26 06:30, Brad Figg wrote:
A recent change throughout the kernel changed various spin_lock_*
functions to raw_spin_lock_* functions. This change prevents Takashi's
daily snapshot from building on either karmic or lucid.

I'm not able to investigate a fix for this right away so I'm only
building for Maverick for now. I will get back to this as soon as I
can.

Brad

Correct me if I'm wrong, but...

I remember JKacur talking about this on his real-time session at LAC. As
I understand it, it would be a sufficient fix to do add lines like these:

#define raw_spin_lock(a) spin_lock(a)
#define raw_spin_unlock(a) spin_unlock(a)

...etc, in a suitable place, e g /include/linux/spinlock.h. This is
because the distinction between regular spinlocks and raw/arch spinlocks
are new features in 2.6.33.

// David