Re: Snd-hda-tools package available in my PPA

On 2010-06-07 01:37, Luke Yelavich wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 01:09:05AM EST, David Henningsson wrote:
>> Result of today's spare time:
>>
>> Package: snd-hda-tools
>>  This package contains hda-verb, hda-analyzer, hda-emu and codecgraph,
>>  four tools that make the life easier for any serious hacker interested
>>  in debugging Intel HDA codec chips.
>>  HDA is the standard for almost every new laptop (as of 2010).
>>
>> Available at https://launchpad.net/~diwic/+archive/ppa - and given some
>> usage without any serious problems I'll put it up in the
>> ubuntu-audio-dev ppa as well.
>>
>> At this point I expect it to be useful, rather than ready for
>> Debian/Ubuntu inclusion.
>>
>> Use it, and report problems or praise to me! :-)
>
> Great work!

Thanks!

> I'll hopefully take a look in the next day or so. I think this is probably worth geting into Debian and Ubuntu, because it may make things easier to debug in a pinch in some circumstances.

I agree. I can fix the lintian warnings, write a man page or two, and so
on, but I think I also would need a Debian contact, someone to hold my
hand while walking through the Debian bureaucracy to get it in there. I
tried searching for sponsors on mentors.debian.net once (for a
completely different package), but that wasn't too encouraging.

So, do you know a DD you think would be interested in this package?

// David