Known versioning conflicts with the daily snapshot.

Nothing really serious, but just thought I'd share the knowledge.

When installing the daily snapshot (AKA crack-of-the-day), or my DKMS test modules, you might end up having versioning conflicts that shows up in your dmesg.

If it says something about "intelhdmi", "nvhdmi" or "atihdmi", this can be completely ignored. This is because the daily snapshot has merged all these three into a single "hdmi" driver, but the old ones are still lying around somehow, but they won't load because of this error.

The second problem is with saa7134 (some dvb-video cards), which has an alsa part, which in turn depends on the old modules and therefore won't load due to versioning conflicts. I assume this could be fixed by including some part of saa7134 in the actual build even if it doesn't come from Takashi's tree. But for now, it seems like saa7134 cards are disabled when you install the c-o-t-d.

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
http://launchpad.net/~diwic