Re: module-jackdbus-detect in PulseAudio

On 10-12-10 06:30 AM, Antoine Thomas wrote:

2010/12/10 David Henningsson <david.henningsson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:david.henningsson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
    * Anybody against me changing the default of qjackctl in Natty to have
    this checkbox checked?

Seems good.

Seems good yes

    The other open question, where I'm not sure, is about the default, and
    I'd like your opinion on the matter. We have these options:

    1) We start it by default via the default.pa <http://default.pa>
    startup script.

    2) We do not start automatically when PulseAudio starts, but add a
    checkbox to the paprefs application that optionally starts this module.

In Ubuntu Studio, would be good to have it loaded via the startup
script. not everybody use the paprefs gui.

1) Default at startup

    For both versions, there is this question as well:

    a) We have autoconnect=true, which means that the PA Jack sink will
    connect to the "system"/soundcard sink of JACK

    b) We have autoconnect=false, which means there will be a PA Jack sink
    but you'll have to connect it to something yourself.

Is there a way so Jack or Pulse can remember how the PA source and sink
are patched in jackd ?

If the the answer to Toine question above is "yes", then do this, else a) autoconnect=true

Thanks for this work David :)
Bye,

Ronan Jouchet