Re: Issue regarding latest alsa-hda drivers

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 7:25 PM, David Henningsson <
david.henningsson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 03/26/2013 12:29 PM, Krishna Chaitanya wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Recently while upgrading to the latest kernel found the below issue with
>> alsa-hda dkms driver.
>> Most of the macros are already part of the kernel 3.8.2/3/4, so it
>> causes the compilation to fail.
>>
>> PFA make.log for error and patch to fix them. Tested the patch with
>> 2013/3/8 driver.
>>

> Hi!
>
> You are not meant to use the 0.201303081653~precise1 version on top of
> anything but a 3.2 kernel. I've actually adjusted that today, so that it
> won't build/install on anything but a 3.2 kernel.
>
> Support for running a 3.8 kernel on precise will be fixed once there is
> such a kernel in the archive - i e, there is currently a
> linux-image-generic-lts-**quantal for running 3.5 kernel in precise, but
> not a corresponding one for 3.8 yet.
>
> Meanwhile, you can try installing the Raring version of the
> oem-audio-hda-daily-dkms package. Hopefully it works although it isn't
> officially supported.

Thanks David. From the kernel_version folder in the patches i saw that it
is for 3.2 so wanted to inform you the issue and find out the suport for
3.8. Sure will try that package, but if that doesn't work then whats the
solution for latest kernels? Is there any other alternate drivers?