Re: Pulseaudio snap

On 2016-01-21 22:25, Luke Yelavich wrote:
On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 08:28:48PM AEDT, David Henningsson wrote:
Hi Ubuntu Audio developers,

I've been asked to make a PulseAudio snap, i e, something you can install on
Ubuntu core snappy, that enables applications to use PulseAudio.

I have been asked about that in the past as well, and my immediate question was how do we handle modules, in particular optional modules that may not be needed in the base snap, but may be desired by someone later? Afaik snappy doesn't really handle this yet.

In general, we don't, unfortunately.

If it's loosely enough coupled, we probably can. In the case of PulseAudio and bluez, they will be in different snaps, but they can still talk to each other over D-Bus in order to enable bluetooth audio headsets.

That's the plan, at least.

Before I go ahead and try to make one, I just wanted to check with you if
any of you have already started making one, and/or are snappy wizards,
and/or is interested in helping out / collaborating / being kept in the
loop, etc?

I had a look a little while back as to how snaps were made, but I think a lot has changed since then, so what I know, which is very little, is probably no longer relevant.

Ok.

If nothing urgent pops up I'll try to actually get something done next week. I'll keep ubuntu-audio-dev in the loop. Sounds like a plan?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic