Prospective MOTU membership in Bug Control

I had a prospective MOTU ping me today about joining the Bug Control
team.  They indicated that they had worked on needs-packaging, syncs,
merges and upgrade bug reports.  This doesn't quite meet the traditional
definition of bug triaging and there isn't as much need to set the
priority of those bug reports as there is for a package like
OpenOffice.org.

That being said, I think setting the importance of those types of bug
reports doesn't hurt and if they have the ability to set importance it
they use it in other types of bug reports - which could help.
Additionally, it should be fairly trivial to setup something to monitor
their work.

It should be clear I have a mixed opinion about this and I am wondering
what the rest of the team thinks.

Thanks,
--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com