Re: abhishekrane wants to join

Hi,

On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 00:32 +0530, abhishek rane wrote:

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt/+bug/268991
> is not a bug infact its a wish.

There is no reason to send the reporter of this bug to brainstorm.
brainstorm is for big picture ideas about the distribution, or
for gauging reaction to a contentious change, such as changing
a default application. This is a simple request for a change to
a package, so the bug tracker is the perfect place for it.

> I have not done much of triaging as i have joined a ubuntu bug
> triaging group a few hours ago.In the limited amount of time I have
> managed to do some triaging and classifying by package names which
> might prove insufficient for my membership in ubuntu-bugcontrol .If I
> am not yet qualified for the membership I would like to know whether I
> can try again for the same and when to do so.

It looks as though you have only triaged 6 bugs up to this point.
Thank you for doing that, but it is usual for applicants to this
team to have triaged much more than that, so I think that you are
indeed not ready to apply. Please keep triaging, and you are welcome
to re-apply at a later point when you have built up substantial
evidence of your work, and have demonstrated that you will use the
extra powers well.

Thanks,

James