Join Application

Bug Control,

Thanks for your time, here are my responses to the application questions:

   1. *Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to
   you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?*  Absolutely,
   there are situations I have been in that required a calm and cool
   characteristics as bug reporters get angry or upset that their bugs haven't
   gotten top priority.  I have signed the Ubuntu CoC.
   2.

   *Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage>,
   Bugs/Assignment <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Assignment>,
Bugs/Status<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Status>and
   Bugs/Importance <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance>? Do you have
   any questions about that documentation?* I have read through all of them,
   and on all bugs i've helped with have constantly come back to them for
   assistance.  My question relates to wishlist importance, When you set a bug
   to wishlist importance, does this consider the bug triaged (so you may set
   it as so), or is it better practice to leave the status alone in this
   situation?
   3.

   *What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash report
   bug before making it public? See
Bugs/HowToTriage<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage>for more
information.
   * Its mandatory to look for any piece of txt/data in all attached files
   to make sure that passwords or any type of sensative information is not
   included before moving it to public (if this is the action you desire), its
   still perfectly okay to leave a bug report as private for its existence.
   4. *Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
   interested in helping out with? *I wish to help triage any and all
   packages that I can.

   5. *Please list of five or more bugs which you have triaged. These bugs
   should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how to
   properly handle bugs. If there is a bug in your list that does not have an
   importance indicate what importance you would give it after becoming a
   member of Ubuntu Bug Control. Please use urls in your list of bugs.

   *Bug #1:
   https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/purple-plugin-pack/+bug/219093
   this bug shows my ability to push bugs upstream and create bug reports
   upstream if necessary, and this bug also shows my commitment to bug reports
   and making sure that I give each bug report my all.
   Bug #2: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sysklogd/+bug/277924  I
   feel this is important, as it shows I can create bug reports and help out
   with them as needed.
   Bug #3: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox-3.0/+bug/278405
   Bug #4: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub/+bug/332962
   Bug #5: https://bugs.launchpad.net/firefox/+bug/207454 This bug shows my
   ability to change titles appropriately, and to link upstream bug reports.
   *

   *

Once again, thank you for your time!

~Brian Curtis
https://launchpad.net/~bcurtiswx

--Wernher Von Braun
"The second law of thermodynamics: If you think things are in a mess now,
JUST WAIT!!"

Follow ups