Re: application for becomming a member

Bug Control,

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 3:31 PM, vikram<dhillonv10@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just to note, you are lacking importance suggestions, I will ignore
commenting about that in here.

> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/200486
Although it's great that you made sure the bug report was marked as
invalid, I would like to have seen a little more triage in this bug
report.
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kdenetwork/+bug/158341
I don't understand why you assigned yourself to this bug report.  Just
by helping them with a workaround and adding to a wiki page isn't
means to assign yourself to this one.  The depth of your support
though is great, and the work you put into this bug is good.
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/malone/+bug/420807
I think this bug is more of a wishlist bug, and doesn't show much
triaging ability.
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/420816
This bug shows no triage, and once again I don't understand why you
assigned yourself to this bug report.
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kbd/+bug/420737
This is a good starting point for bugs, gethering all the right
information.  I can't say this shows enough triage ability.

> --

I see all of the things that you do to participate in Ubuntu and help
out.  I applaud this very much.  As far as becoming a member of Ubuntu
Bug Control I don't think the chosen bugs show the ability to triage
as well as I would like to see in new applicants.  This does not mean
don't continue to triage bugs, all I think you need to do is keep at
it a little longer and apply again later.  Feel free to come see me in
#ubuntu-bugs and I can work through a few bugs with you to work on
better triage techniques.  If I'm not available there are a lot of
others who would love to help you out.

For now, i give a -1

~Brian Curtis

--Wernher Von Braun
"The second law of thermodynamics: If you think things are in a mess
now, JUST WAIT!!"
The Statement Below is True
The Statement Above is False