Re: Membership Application

Thanks for you help with bug triaging!

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 3:23 PM, Arky<rakesh_ambati@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1. Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
>
> Yes

Great!

> 2.Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?
>
> Yes, I often bug jcastro and others in #ubuntu-bugs with my questions/doubts.

Good, you can always always bug #ubuntu-bugs with concerns about your
bugs. Sam with this list and the bug squad mailing list if no one is
available on freenode.

> 3.What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more information.
>
> Names, personal data in files and also in any attached screenshots (rare) and access information in files or program parameters

You can strip the "coredump" attachment if bugs have it too.

> 4. Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are interested in helping out with?
>
> Accesibility packages in Ubuntu. I am already a upstream contact for gnome-orca, accerciser and speech-dispatcher

Thanks for helping out with the accessibility packages.

>   5. Please list five or more bugs which you have triaged. These bugs should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how to properly handle bugs. If there is a bug in your list that does not have an importance indicate what importance you would give it after becoming a member of Ubuntu Bug Control. Please use urls in your list of bugs.

You forgot to mention the importance levels of the bugs. Also you have
only two, could you list more bugs (at least 5 total), quickly
describe what you did, and what importance you would assign it?

> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-orca/+bug/343712

Nice job reporting, triaging, and upstreaming. Upstreaming is great for everyone

> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-disk-utility/+bug/412476

Thanks for taking the initiative to make the patch. I can't tell, was
universe-sponsors subscribed before seb commented? It might be good to
get the upstream patch into Ubuntu. That would require you bringing it
over and subscribing the relevant sponsor. If it's in ubuntu, we could
point that out upstream and see if they would adopt the changes as
well (since they apparently have not yet).

> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/~arky/

He's done a lot of bug management work for Ubuntu, but before giving
my +1 I'd like see comments on importance level for a few more bugs
(since setting importance is one of the permissions for bug control).
Overall, good work.

Regards,
Scott Howard (showard314)