Re: Apport retracer subscribing us

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 04:42:14PM -0600, Paul Larson wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-11-23 at 14:32 -0800, Brian Murray wrote:
> > At UDS Lucid one thing we were discussing was the small quantity of bug
> > patterns being written and how it is hard to discover for which bugs to
> > write a pattern.  It was suggested that the apport retracer subscribe
> > us, the Ubuntu Bug Control team, to bug reports with more than 10
> > duplicates as a way of notifying us that a bug could use a pattern.
> > After the pattern was written the team would be unsubscribed from the
> > bug report.  I like this idea a lot but would like to hear from other
> > team members too.
> I think it would be useful if after the subscription, it could add a tag
> to make searching for these type of bugs convenient.  Something like
> 'pattern-needed' perhaps.  Then we could probably do with a second tag
> to say that either a pattern has been created, or it has been looked at
> and determined that no pattern is needed.  That way if someone does
> either of those things and unsubscribes the bug, it won't just get
> resubscribed if there's another dup to it later.

The tagging makes sense, so I see the workflow as:

retracer will subscribe ubuntu-bugcontrol and tag 'bugpattern-needed'

we will unsubscribe ubuntu-bugcontrol and tag 'bugpattern-written'

or

we will unsubscribe ubuntu-bugcontrol and tag 'bugpattern-deferred'

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com