Re: No response from the initial bug reporter?

2009/12/10 Brian Curtis <bcurtiswx@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi David,
>
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 2:29 AM, David Henningsson
> <launchpad.web@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Should I then close it as "Invalid" (with what stock reply?) or "fix
>> released"?
>
> As long as the bug is still legitimate it should be treated as any
> other bug report.  Fixes/workarounds are great, but they don't close
> bug reports.
>

>> Btw, I think my days on Ubuntu-bug-control are running out, so this mail is
>> also a request for renewal.
>
> It may be easier to ping an admin on IRC.
>
> ~Brian
>
> --
> Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing.
> --Wernher Von Braun
> "The second law of thermodynamics: If you think things are in a mess
> now, JUST WAIT!!"

Hello,

The policy is that we close bugs when the reporter hasn't response for
a long time -- a month or longer -- to clean the bug reports and make
sure our view isn't cluttered by still open, but useless bug reports.
Since the reporter doesn't respond we're unable to get to know if it
really is a bug and if it hasn't been fixed yet. Therefore it makes
the most sense -- at least, to me -- to mark it as Invalid.

However, please don't close bugs already after two weeks of silence.
Also, include a request in your explaning comment for the reporter to
reopen the bug in case he or she is prepared to provide more
information.

Regards,
--
Sense Hofstede