Re: Application to join Ubuntu BugControl Team

Hello Kamus,

El vie, 15-01-2010 a las 11:57 -0300, Kamus escribió:
> Hello fellows of ubuntu bug control team, I have been working with
> triaging bugs and doing other tasks related since about one year ago
> and well this is my application for join to this team :)
>
> * Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude
> to you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
>
> Absolutely I will and yes I have signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct a
> long time ago.
>
> * Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
> Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?
>
> I have been using these pages from the begining of my days like ubuntu
> triaging and for now I don't have any questions (I have read all of
> them), just I would like all these pages of important information
> could be improved for one hand related to triagers and the other for
> common users (people who fill a report).
>
> * What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
> report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more
> information.
>
> All kind of valuable and private information like user passwords, bank
> accounts, numbers that are not pid or something related to software,
> telephones and so on.. must be removed and apparted from
> that report. Certainly wiki page of debugging security issues does not
> have more details about this situations I have read and learn from
> personal and public reports/experience and apply to this kind of
> situations.
>
> * Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> interested in helping out with?
>
> Usually I spent some time in the old ones (expirable bugs) that not
> have movement, but I would like to improve and work in the desktop
> experience (related to desktop packages like mozilla firefox, gnome,
> etc)
>
> * Please list five or more bugs which you have triaged. These bugs
> should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how to
> properly handle bugs. If there is a bug in your list that does not
> have an importance indicate what importance you would give it after
> becoming a member of Ubuntu Bug Control. Please use urls in your list
> of bugs.
>
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/392881
> (Low is already set but is a lower problem that affects usability)
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rhythmbox/+bug/404875
> (Low, is not affecting system just a improved item for a especial
> situation)
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rhythmbox/+bug/405211
> (Low, something is happening me to but is not affect main use, a
> improved to be accurate)
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/telepathy-butterfly/+bug/392747
> (Low, a function very useful that could be included in this package)
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rhythmbox/+bug/433008
> [...]

I must say that i thought you were a member of the team already, you're
doing an extraordinary job triaging bugs in Ubuntu and also forwarding
reports upstream. Got nice comments from a couple of GNOME Bugsquad
members about you as well. And you're also helping quite a lot on Bug
Days organizing those and participating. So yes, totally a +1 from me.

Have a nice day!,

pedro.