Mentorship Program Update

Hi all,

Today I've done massive cleanup of the backlog of students who had
applied to the Bugsquad mentorship team [0].

I've mailed the students about the approval and their assigned mentors
and the mentors too have been informed about their assigned students.
Student memberships have been approved for a 3 month period , probably
sufficient time for them to get familiarized with triage and become
members of Bug Control. This membership time can be extended if
required.

A lot of the memberships had to be declined since either the lp profile
did not have a link to the user-wiki page or was a wrong wiki link or
the wiki did not have information about the available time for
mentoring.
So if anyone has been declined, just update your launchpad profile and
wiki page and re-apply. (read the wiki [1] for more info on what is
required)

If you had applied or are a mentor and havent received the mail yet ,
check the wiki[1] for the updated list.

There is still one inactive account stuck in the membership queue, which
I'm not able to remove. I've filed a question for that[2], the lp admins
will probably take care of that.

There are two students who have not reported back to the mentors in a
while, they have been removed from the students list on the wiki.
Austin Herman and Bruno Girin , Kindly report back to your respective
mentors Draycen DeCator and Sense Hofstede. For now your memberships
have been restricted till the end of this month awaiting your reply.
Once we hear back from you we can re-assign mentors and extend the
membership.

One cause for concern is that there is no mentor available between 06:00
- 09:00 UTC. If any of the bug control members are available at those
times , Kindly inform us.

Now that this has been taken care of, mentors start contacting your
students and Let the lessons begin! ;)

[0] https://launchpad.net/~bugsquad-mentorship
[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BugSquad/Mentors
[2] https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad-registry/+question/114447