Re: BugControl Application

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 18:12:54 -0500
Drew Cross <mstngdrew212@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Drew,

First of all, sorry for the delay.

> Hello, I have been triaging bugs for some time now and feel
> comfortable enough to apply to BugControl. I have been working with
> my mentor: ddecator, and micahg on firefox bugs and have become
> pretty comfortable with the workflow. Here is my application:
>
> Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude
> to you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
> Yes, and I have signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct.
>
> Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and
> Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?
> Yes, and I don't have any questions currently.
>
> What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash
> report bug before making it public?
> Things that look like passwords, bank account numbers, CSS keys,
> credit card numbers, ect.
>
> Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> interested in helping out with?
> I'm currently working on Firefox bugs and mentored by ddecator. I
> plan to move onto the linux kernel package in the future once I gain
> more experience with backtraces and log files related to firefox
> issues.
>
> Please list five or more bugs which you have triaged. These bugs
> should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how
> to properly handle bugs. If there is a bug in your list that does
> not have an importance indicate what importance (and explain the
> reasoning) you would give it after becoming a member of Ubuntu Bug
> Control. Please use urls in your list of bugs.
>
> 3.6.6 not returning to home tab:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/591436

Correctly marked invalid, with explanation of why. Good work.

> Firefox window border missing(fullscreen nonissue):
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/594660

Another correct interaction.

> No busy indicator in full screen:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/596659
> For this bug I brought it to micahg's attention and, after some
> discussion, asked him to mark it as triaged and as a wishlist.

And thank you for opening the upstream task. Good work.

> [Master] No sound in flash:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/317330
> This one was found upstream and I asked micahg to mark as triaged
> since we cannot link to adobe's tracker.

Good work.

> Screensaver won't release with mouse movement
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/273142
> For this bug I was trying to get it closed as I had experienced it
> previously but found it fixed, much later, with an update. I was
> going to have a bugcontrol member mark as fix released, but Sense
> Hofstede got it for me before I could check to see if it was still
> an issue.

Still -- we need to revisit old bugs, and check if they still apply.
So, yes, good work.

Based on the above, and your work in the #ubuntu-bugs channel, I and
glad to give you a

+1

I will wait a bit for any other comments before acting, though.

Cheers,