Re: Bug control application

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 19:41:15 +0100
Jack Leigh <leighmanthegreat@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sent to myself and it worked fine so I really hope it will be
> readable this time.
> >> Would set importance according
> >> to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WineTeam/Contributing, setting
> >> upstreamed bugs to Triaged
> >
> > Actually, no, You are expected to set the importance according to
> > *Ubuntu* rules [1]. Upstream's importance does not really play here
> > (although, most of the times, Ubuntu and upstream do match).
> Okay, sorry about that but was directed there by Wine team
> documentation (which I guess should be sorted!).  They seem to
> accord more-or-less anyway.
> > But, anyway, you did not indicate what importance you would have
> > set on any of the bugs below.
> >
> >> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wine1.2/+bug/607970
> >
> > Thank you for upstreaming this bug. Good work (and I also frankly
> > doubt if it will be resolved, but who knows).
> I would mark this as Low since it affects a non-core application and
> is an unusual request
>
> >> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wine1.2/+bug/614546
> >
> > Why did you mark it Fix Released for wine-1.2 (Ubuntu)? Have we
> > already published the fix on Maverick? I do not think so, since the
> > fix is on Wine 1.3.1. The actual stati should be:
> >
> > Fix Released for the upstream
> > Triaged for the Ubuntu task.
> >
> > A bug is only considered Fix Released on Ubuntu when we publish the
> > fixed version.
> Okay, sorry about that -- got a bit confused because I assumed there
> would be a wine1.3 package in Maverick like in the wine ppa.  Bad
> assumption!  Thanks for fixing it up.Probably again Low since it
> affects a minor application.Incidentally the Latin plural of
> 'status' is 'statūs' (4th declension, masculine), so 'statuses' is
> probably better! :D
> >> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wine1.2/+bug/479223
> >> -- added link to already filed upstream
> >
> > Thank you for the upstream link.
> Would set this as Low since it's a rare/old application
> >> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wine1.2/+bug/601715
> >
> > OK. What was triaged here?
> Sorry, I think that might have been a mistake (although I have
> requested further information and marked 'Incomplete')Have
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wine1.2/+bug/624386
> instead, which I have confirmed and requested be upstreamed, then
> provided further information on the upstream report and made the
> upstream link.I would set the importance of this as Low since it is
> a rare application that I'm not convinced is necessary/ever going to
> work on Linux
> >> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wine1.2/+bug/502375
> >> -- duped a number of bugs which display the same symptoms to it,
> >> requested more information about other sound-related bugs which
> >> don't seem immediately linked to this
> >
> > Ugh! Sound bugs are nasty. It might be worth the time to check with
> > the sound/pulseaudio experts. The only issue I have here is the
> [...]

Welcome :-) and sorry for the delay.

Given your last responses, I do give you a

+1.

Now we should wait for other bug-controllers to pipe in and give their
view (gentle prod, people!)

Cheers,

--
C de-Avillez
IRC: hggdh

This email (and any attachments) is digitally signed using GNUpg
(http://gnupg.org). The public key is available at http://pgp.mit.edu.
The key Id is 0xD3133E56.