Bug Nominations

Launchpad has recently changed who can nominate a bug for a release of a
distribution.  It used to be that anyone could nominate a bug, however
the list of nominations would then become quite cluttered as anybody
could nominate any bug.

Nominations have now been restricted to the bug supervisor role, which
for Ubuntu is us.  This now allows nominations to be used some what more
effectively as an escalation path.  Well, at least for Natty - the other
lists are still quite cluttered.  However, we will still need to
exercise discretion as any bug can still be nominated.

A bug is nominated for a release by clicking the "Nominate for release
link" beneath the bugs task table.  Pedro, Jean-Baptiste, Carlos and I
all have the ability to approve nominations and in conjunction with the
release team will be reviewing nominations regularly.  However, if one
seems neglected please ping one of us or email this list.

In terms of discretion I suggest that only bugs that are in a Triaged or
further status be nominated and that the bug should at least have a
Medium importance.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this process.

Thanks,
--
Brian Murray
Ubuntu Bug Master