Re: Application

On 04/14/2011 06:13 PM, RedSingularity wrote:
> RedSingularity (Tim) Application,
>
> 1)  Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are
> rude to you or Ubuntu?  Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
>
> -YES / YES
>
> 2)  Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage>, Bugs/Assignment
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Assignment>, Bugs/Status
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Status> and Bugs/Importance
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance>?  Do you have any
> questions about that documentation?
>
> -YES / NO
>
> 3)  What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport
> crash report bug before making it public?
>
> -Sensitive data to look for in a apport crash would be found in
> stacktrace.txt files.  Things such as passwords, bank account
> numbers, CSS keys, user names, server names, etc may be located in
> there.  Other items to watch for may be in coredumps/config.files

Thank you! You one of the few that remembered about coredumps ;-)

> 4)  Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are
> interested in helping out with?
>
> -I work on any package I feel comfortable with.  Most of my time
> goes to the update-manager package though.  I have been working with
> that for many months.
>
> 5)  Please list five or more bugs which you have triaged and include
> an explanation of your Triage. Please note that these bugs should be
> representative of your very best work and they should demonstrate
> your understanding of the triage process and how to properly handle
> bugs.  Importance for each one has been discussed with -control
> members before being assigned.
>
> Bug 734026
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/734026>
> Marked as "Low" because it can be considered a usability issue since
> it makes the application more confusing and thus more difficult to
> use.  It was close between "Low" and "Wishlist".  Due to the
> usability issue, I gave it Low instead.

Thank you. Good work, and -- BTW -- I agree it is potentially confusing.

> Bug 738330
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/virtualbox-ose/+bug/738330>
> Marked as "High" because this issue effected ALL users with a Natty
> guest at the time.  This also meant Unity desktop was not working in
> the guest install thus users could not run tests with unity in natty
> without having a dedicated system.  This was especially bad at the
> time due to the high amounts of triage going on for the stable
> natty release.

Is this still a problem? Just curious, though. Also the issue is
getting confused and confusing... But good work.

> Bug 699922
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/thunderbird/+bug/699922>
> Marked as "Low", It only effected the group of people using a dual
> monitor set up.  The issue did not effect the usage of thunderbird
> in any way.  It was more of a "cosmetic" issue.

Extra points for upstreaming it :-)

> Bug 715517
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/715517>
> Marked as "Low", The problem with the restart button was a nuisance
> but nothing more.  Did not effect the proper working of the
> update-manager.  And in order to reproduce you need to start
> update-manager as root which is not done normally anyway.

good work.

> Bug 727069
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/727069>
> Marked "Low", It can effect a persons usability experience since
> there is no "Admin" menu in unity and unity will be the default
> desktop from now on.  Also, this bug is not a feature request, but
> rather incorrect wording in an application that needs to be corrected.

Good work.

> Bug 742101
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/update-manager/+bug/742101>
> Marked "Medium", Didn't want to give it a "High" because that would
> really 'flag' it this close to the natty release.  It is not enough
> to crash the system and the workaround is simple enough.  It only
> effects those using multiarch repos as well.  However it does effect
> all releases of ubuntu as of now.

Good work, and medium is indeed correct: right now pretty much only
developers are using multiarch support. Also *very* good that you
maintained your cool even after a somewhat harsh rebuttal from
vorlon. Extra points for that: maintaining etiquette is a critical
part of our work.

So, +1.

Given that you already have another +1 from Philip, I am going ahead
and accepting your application.

Thank you for helping on triage, and Welcome To The Team!

Cheers,

..C..