Re: Bugcontrol membership for canonical-hw-cert application

On 04/13/2011 06:00 PM, Brian Murray wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 02:46:00PM +0100, Dave Walker wrote:
>> On 13/04/11 14:36, Ara Pulido wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> On behalf of the canonical-hw-cert team [1], I would like to apply for
>>> Bugcontrol membership for this team.
>> <SNIP>
>>
>> Hi Ara,
>>
>> What is the reasoning for not having each member apply separately?
>
> The application for an individual currently requires that the applicant
> include a body of work demonstrating that they know how to triage Ubuntu
> bug reports.  In this particular case, where they mostly want to be able
> to assign bugs to teams and Canonical Platform QA at that, having each
> member triage at least 5 bugs each (and do it well) seems like a bit
> much to me.
>
> I expect Ara and or Marc to go over the guidelines for setting bug
> importance, bug statuses, bug assignment and private crashes with each
> member of them and as new members come on.  Additionally, I expect them
> to keep an eye on the work of their teammates for some period to ensure
> they are doing the right thing.

Now that 11.04 has been released, I would love to take the opportunity
to follow up this again.

So, basically, we always run tests against the same set of systems, we
create bugs against Ubuntu, and we need to:

 * Communicate with the release team:
   The release manager has requested specifically to have an importance
set on those bugs

 * Assign to:
   * Either the Platform QA team
   * Or someone in Hardware Enablement team

I think that I followed all the steps needed in the BugControl page for
requirements for teams [1], so I really can't see the point of the
rejection.

Marc and I, as representatives, will make sure that the members of the
hardware certification team only use their bugcontrol permissions to
work on the bugs for certification, and nothing else, until they have
applied themselves to be part of Bugcontrol.

Thanks for the reconsideration.

Regards,
Ara.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugControl#Requirements%20for%20Teams