Re: Application for bug control: ~canonical-server

On Fri, 15 Jul 2011 12:02:28 +0100
Dave Walker <DaveWalker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On behalf of ~canonical-server I would like to request team membership
> to ~ubuntu-bugcontrol.
>
> It is important for the team to be a member, as a vital part of triaging
> the incoming bug queue for ~ubuntu-server subscribed packages is
> tracking the importance.  Members of ~canonical-server are tasked with
> doing this, but those without direct or indirect access in
> ~ubuntu-bugcontrol cannot be involved.  If we could have their
> involvement, it would assist greatly in managing our incoming bug queue.
>
> The Ubuntu source packages which the team plans to work on are primarily:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-server/+packagebugs
>
> I will be the primary representative of the team and therefore tasked to
> ensure triaging best pratice is followed.  However, in practice a
> significant proportion of ~canonical-server are already direct or
> indirect members of ~ubuntu-bugcontrol and will mentor as required.
>
> I can confirm that ~canonical-server is a closed or moderated team.
>
> All current members of ~canonical-server have signed the Ubuntu CoC, and
> I believe it reasonable to expect new members to be required to do so.
>
> As the team representative, I (~davewalker) am a current Ubuntu Member
> and an indirect member of ~ubuntu-bugcontrol via ~ubuntu-core-dev.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Dave Walker

I can endorse this application. I trust the team members will be
reminded periodically that they are to be limited to the actual server
packages, not every package in Ubuntu. Allowing the server team to set
importance and all status of bugs will be very beneficial to the team
as many of these bugs are very difficult for the bugsquad to triage.

+1

- --
Charlie Kravetz