Re: Hash Sum mismatches

On 29/09/11 13:09, Dr. David Alan Gilbert wrote:
> Hi,
>   I've noticed quite a few people reporting 'Hash Sum mismatch'
> over the last month or two, and did see my self at one point.
>
> Given what seems like a recent increase - what's going on?
> Is this just a change in error from a corruption, something new
> that's being checked or is there a change in archive mirroring
> (or something nastier) going on?

Hi Dave,

I do not really know -- have not had a single hash sum mismatch this
cycle[*] ... But I think it is most probably still a timing issue.
Nevertheless, what we could do -- the least, in fact, just in case
-- is try to see if there is a specific mirror (or set of mirrors)
where this message is seen more frequently.

Then we could get on with the mirror admins, and find out what they
say about it.

Cheers,

..C..

[*] and I am not sure why. I *should* have had them, at least a few
of them.