Chauncellor's bugcontrol application

Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?
Yes, my signature can be viewed at www.pad.lv/~brettcornwall

Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage>, Bugs/Assignment <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Assignment>, Bugs/Status <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Status> and Bugs/Importance <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance>? Do you have any questions about that documentation?

I have read them and I am familiar with them. Should I need questions I will consult the wikis or ask another member.

What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/HowToTriage> for more information.

I should search for any passwords, possible bank numbers, user names, server names, or anything else that could be a potential breach of privacy/security.
Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are interested in helping out with?
None in particular for the long-term. I've been helping out on Launchpad since 2008 and have decided to try and elevate my involvement (as well as have the authority to change some bug statuses for those times when lone bugs are forced to wait for someone to come along.

I will probably start with Compiz and the software-center.

Please list five or more bug reports which you have triaged and include an explanation of your decisions. Please note that these bugs should be representative of your very best work and they should demonstrate your understanding of the triage process and how to properly handle bugs. For *all* the bugs in the list, please indicate what importance you would give it *and* explain the reasoning. /Please use urls in your list of bugs./

1) https://bugs.launchpad.net/compiz/+bug/579688

I would set this as 'low' because of the trivial impact on users. It does not affect the program's functionality or stability in any way.

2) https://bugs.launchpad.net/banshee/+bug/738862

I would set this to 'low' -- same reasons as the above.

3) https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/923823

I would actually have set this to 'wishlist' as it's a feature enhancement request. Since it was reported upstream and properly documented it was ready for developer response.

4) https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/compiz/+bug/297234

I would set this to 'medium' because of the non-frequency of such a setup does not warrant a 'high' value. It warrants a 'medium' rather than a 'low' because Compiz is a core Ubuntu application.

5) https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/compiz/+bug/768800

This is 'wishlist' material because this is a non-trivial extension of functionality not in the design scope. I confirmed the bug with my own tablet.

Apologies is my application is not sufficient; I would appreciate any feedback for how I can improve my skillset should my evaluation lack the minimum requirements.

Follow ups