Application for the Bug Control Team

Hi, I'm Vadim Rutkovsky, and I would like to apply for membership in
the ~ubuntu-bugcontrol team.
I've been a member of the bugsquad for about a month now and have been
helping newcomers on #ubuntu-bugs channel on various aspects of
triaging.

https://launchpad.net/~roignac
IRC: roignac

__Application__
> 1. Do you promise to be polite to bug reporters even if they are rude to you or Ubuntu? Have you signed the Ubuntu Code of Conduct?

I have signed the Ubuntu CoC right after registering on Launchpad in
late 2006, and I do promise to be polite to bug reporters (and
everyone else) in all of my communications.

> 2. Have you read Bugs/HowToTriage, Bugs/Assignment, Bugs/Status and Bugs/Importance? Do you have any questions about that documentation?

I have studied the documents, and I have no questions. In some reports
I've been recommending importance and assignment details

> 3. What sensitive data should you look for in a private Apport crash report bug before making it public? See Bugs/HowToTriage for more information.

a. Core files (CoreDump.gz) should be removed from original report, as
this memory image can contain sensitive user data.

b. Potentially sensitive text strings in any stack traces (attached
Stacktrace.txt / ThreadStacktrace / Traceback).  Function arguments
displayed in an included stack trace might contain private user data.
Such bugs should be left private.

> 4. Is there a particular package or group of packages that you are interested in helping out with?

I'm highly interested in triaging desktop package bugs - for instance,
gedit, cheese, nautilus etc.

Another interesting package is indicator-weather. As I'm a developer
and maintainer of upstream project I'm interested in getting reports
from ubuntu packages as soon as possibly.
Bugpatterns is my passion for a long time, however I'll post merge
requests instead of committing in the trunk, as these pattern are
really important and I don't want to break them with accidental
commit.

> 5. Please list five or more bugs which you have triaged.

A summary of the changes I made to each bug are noted here.  Please
see my full responses in the bugs themselves.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/632460
unity crashes if a place is opened with the super-short-key

    Confirmed bug from Omer Akram, I would set High or even Critical
priority as bug affects an important part of functionality

https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-sushi/+bug/897554
Long titles overlap close button

    Sent the bug upstream and prepared a patch. Updated bug status
manually after change in upstream tracker.
    The bug doesn't severely affect functionality, so Low importance
would fit best.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/geogebra/+bug/927358
Geogebra package doesn't install

    Collaborated with original reported - asked several questions in
comments, reproduced myself and confirmed the bug.
    Dependency break is pretty important, so I'd assign High priority
to this bug

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/file-roller/+bug/940555
Add support for .gcf files using hllib

    Checked that the bug is reproducible in latest version of the
package and sent upstream. Importance = Wishlist

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/932126
'Media contains photos' message right-justified

    Reproduced the bug and sent upstream

--
Vadim Rutkovsky

Follow ups