Re: Nominate critical TortoiseHG fix for Raring

Hiya, anatoly!

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 5:23 AM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Can anybody help in getting TortoiseHG updated in Raring release? The
> tools is broken since Qt 4.10 According to
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#Procedure somebeody from
> here should nominate it for 13.04.
>
> Please, CC.
> --
> anatoly t.

I checked with my friends on MOTU because I'm a tad out of the loop on
whether actual version bumps happen or not for this case.  Based on my
discussion with a few MOTUs, the version in Raring will not be "updated".

However, while this will not repair the tortorisehg package as it exists in
the Raring repositories, it might be able to be considered for a backport.
 Saucy was updated a few days ago with 2.8-1 of TortoiseHG from Debian
Unstable.  That could be considered for a backport, though, which would put
the package in the raring-backports repository.  More about the backport
process can be found at this link, including how to request one, how to
test one, etc.: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBackports

I would be willing to provide a testing PPA for the backport (which counts
as build-testing), if you would care to be one of the testers to make sure
it actually works in Raring, which is a requirement for backport testing
before they're moved to the backports repository.

------
Thomas
LP: ~teward