Re: apport package selection

On 12/09/2013 03:01 PM, Daniel Letzeisen wrote:
When a user is filing a bug against Rhythmbox, apport is still selecting
gstreamer0.10 as the source package. (Example:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gstreamer0.10/+bug/1258938 ).
Rhythmbox moved to gstreamer1.0 in 13.04/Raring. I looked into this a
while ago, but didn't find how to change it. Does anyone know a quick
fix, or should I file a bug against apport?
When a user files a bug with apport against rhythmbox, apport asks if it is a problem with:
 - the interface,
 - sound
 - playback of audio files
 - Ubuntu One Music Store

The bug is submitted against gstreamer0.10 only if the user selects "playback of audio files". If he chooses the 1rst item it will file a bug against rhythmbox, an audio bug if he selects the second option, and against rhythmbox-ubuntuone for the last option.

If you think there is a bug there, please submit a bug against rhythmbox because it is where apport hook for rhythmbox lives.

Cheers,

--
Jean-Baptiste
irc: jibel