Re: Ubuntu Bug Week Announcement

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 10:09:23PM +0000, Adam L Smith wrote:

> By serious development skills I mean the ability to pick up crash
> dumps and action them.  If there were bugs that could be reproduced
> with a lesser skills set - I couldn't find them
>
> If there are bug reports that require only high level, or general OS
> knowledge to progress - please point me at the list!

Even for crash reports you don't really need programming skills to help
turn them into a useful state. You can:

 - Ask the submitter for steps to reproduce
 - Verify that those steps crash the program for you as well
 - Look at the upstream bug tracker for similar reports
 - Look in launchpad for similar issues - if there are multiple issues
   with a similar backtrace, don't hesitate to ask on #ubuntu-bugs for
   confirmation if they are really duplicates

--
PGP-encrypted mails preferred
PGP Fingerprint: 74CD D9FE 5BCB FE0D 13EE 8EEA 61F3 4426 74DE 6624