Re: Stop triaging bugs

El 24/03/14 14:47, Marc Deslauriers escribió:
On 14-03-24 09:37 AM, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
El 24/03/14 13:31, Marc Deslauriers escribió:
Could you please stop changing statuses of bugs you don't intend on fixing yourself?

Marking a bug as "triaged" and changing priorities on them makes absolutely no
sense if you aren't tasked to fix them.

Changing one of my team's bugs to "triaged" means our scripts and procedures no
longer consider the bug to be new, hence, nobody will look at it anymore. It is
breaking our workflow.
As said in the bug statuses <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Bug%20statuses> page,
which arbitrates the hole bug management work-flow in Launchpad, "triaged" means
"a member of UbuntuBugControl <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuBugControl>
believes that the report describes a genuine bug in enough detail that a
developer could start working on a fix."

Moreover, according to lean management
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lean_management>:

   * The first source of flaws (or any waste) is them to remain invisible (or
     untriaged or with unset priority in the case of bug management).
   * Unpredictable work-flow has to be done manually till, after some continuous
     improvement and waste reduction, it becomes regular.

So, since your work-flow conflicts with Launchpad's one and with principal
productivity recommendations, I'm sorry I'm not taking on your request; except
if I'm missing something.

(...)
Modifying in an arbitrary way bug statuses and priorities that teams depend on
to track work is simply a bad idea.
(...)
What do you think; Quality, BugSquad and BugControl; about this topic?

Follow ups