Re: Shall bug 1072206 be invalidated?

On 07/25/2014 11:48 PM, Phillip Susi wrote:
Yes, but the bug is not in compiz so the compiz target is not valid, so at best it should be reassigned to the driver package ( if there is one )... not that we can support and fix it, but I suppose it can at least be tracked.

Obviously, compiz can't make changes that break or worsen the experience with other drivers, but even if the issue only occurs with nvidia, the ultimate solution may be to patch compiz. If other compositors exhibited the behavior, it would go a long way to support the "not a compiz issue" conclusion. As it is, I don't see enough evidence to verify the problem is directly caused by the nvidia driver (although it's certainly possible). I see someone reporting a segfault from compiz and even an Intel user claiming they have the issue (not sure of the validity of that claim). Is there a stack trace for the segfault? That could be helpful.