Re: application for team bug control

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 10:53 AM, Zoltán Balogh
<zoltan.balogh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1. a brief reasoning of why it is important for the team to be a member.
>
> I would like to migrate the bug control of the UITK from the
> lp:ubuntu-ui-toolkit to the ubuntu-ui-toolkit package. Right now everybody
> from my team can evaluate new bugs, respond to them and assign them to the
> right engineer in the team. I would like to keep the error handling process
> the same.
>
>  2. a list of Ubuntu source packages which the team plans to work on.
>
> ubuntu-ui-toolkit, qtcreator-plugin-ubuntu
>
>   3. identify who is/are the representative(s) -- give us the link to the
> Launchpad page of each one.
>
> https://launchpad.net/~zeller-benjamin
> https://launchpad.net/~kalikiana
> https://launchpad.net/~fboucault
> https://launchpad.net/~tpeeters
> https://launchpad.net/~zsombi
> https://launchpad.net/~bzoltan
> https://launchpad.net/~timo-jyrinki

Actually, only you and Timo can be representatives (you are the only
two with BugControl membership).

> Requirements for Teams
>
>  1. The team must be a closed or moderated one.
>
> All of the team members are reporting to me and work for Canonical.

But you did not give us the team name on LP. It is the team that will
be granted membership, not the individuals (which means that if the
move to a different team, they lose BC access).

I am assuming this is a closed/moderated team (which was the question).

>  2. The team must require its members to sign the Ubuntu Code of Conduct
>
> Done
>
>  3. The team must have at least one representative tasked with educating new
> members on Ubuntu Bug Control policies.
>
> I can do that, but all the team members are expert bug handlers

I do not doubt, but I would still like to point out that your upstream
projects (or even internal Canonical ones) may have slightly different
rules for bug triaging than on Ubuntu.

> 4. The representative above must be a current member, directly or
> indirectly, of Ubuntu Bug Control.
>
> That is me.

And/or Timo.

>  5. The team must limit their use of Ubuntu Bug Control permissions to a
> specific set of packages. (They should not be setting the importance of bugs
> about every package in Ubuntu.)
>
> Only two packages, as listed above
>

> Thanks,

Please give us the team home page on LP. Apart from that, I am OK with
the request.

Cheers,

..C..