Re: SRU request for lp#1214352

Norbert,

The Bug Control team does not control SRUs.  We do bug triage, and while
SRUs may be part of a fix in the triage process, we need to make
additional considerations, which the developers and people who are more
familiar with the development cycle do.  (This still does not mean Bug
Control does SRUs, however, as there are a percentage of us who aren't
full developers and work in our own little niches of packages and
package sets.)

I poked Adam Conrad (infinity) via IRC on this issue (in #ubuntu-devel
on freenode), as they would better understand the glib side of this
(they're 'assigned' to the bug), and the discussion we ended up in was
that doing an SRU for glib on is a very poor choice.  They commented on
the bug as such.  The ultimate thing is that this needs to be handled
with care, and that any 'fix' needs to be carefully evaluated, as glib
has a HUGE amount of rdeps.  It will ultimately need to be looked at
over time, but not immediately.

However, I believe that you can get a better idea of what's up by
reading the full discussion, which can be found starting here (timestamp
23:04 on the logs) and onwards (until timestamp 23:44 on those logs):
http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2015/03/09/%23ubuntu-devel.html#t23:04

------
Thomas