Re: Please let Bug Control members be able to configure bug trackers

On Thu, Oct 1, 2015 at 7:31 AM, Alberto Salvia Novella
<es20490446e@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Alan Pope:
>> Shouldn't that be up to the developers of the projects concerned?
>
> Many projects are registered by Launchpad users themselves and delegated to
> the Launchpad Registry Administrators, not the original software developers.

If you go to the Registry Administrators page, for that group, it states this:

If you have found your project in Launchpad and would like to maintain
the information and take it over, we'd be happy to reassign it to you!
Just file a request at https://answers.launchpad.net/launchpad and
we'll have it completed in no time.

That suggests proper procedure is to post an answer if you are the one
who runs the project and request reassignment of ownership.

I'm with Alan on this one, and I have the opinion of -1 onyour
recommendation/request.  Launchpad has *many* projects, and not all of
them are on Ubuntu (but most of them are). (I myself have a project
dedicated to my PPAs, and I handle triage of issues for some of the
PPAs there - that doesn't mean I want BugControl to be able to
reassign).

The ubuntu bug control group has access for Ubuntu bug triage, within
the confines of the Ubuntu project space on Launchpad.  I know that it
does not, and I believe that it likely SHOULD NOT, have any
permissions to mess with projects outside of the Ubuntu project or
outside the scope of its duties (which does not necessarily include
making sure all existing LP projects correctly link to upstream
bugtrackers, especially if the corresponding projects aren't actually
in Ubuntu - your example is one that is, but there are projects which
I am in which are not actually in Ubuntu so it wouldn't fall into the
bugcontrol group's purview/scope).

Thomas