Re: Application to Join the Ubuntu Bug Control Team

Hi Rolf,

Thanks for your comments. I didn't see your
message until Simon Quigley told me about it just now, on IRC and he send
me the link to the webpage.

Why did you close 1770587?

My reason for closing the bug report was that the
workaround solved the problem for the reporter. But I understand you in
that it is still an open issue upstream. I have linked the bug report to
the upstream bug and made a comment at the upstream bug to provide the
link to the launchpad bug, and let them know the workaround solved the
problem for the user at our end. I will leave the launchpad bug report
open, pending resolution at the upstream level. I will also set a bring
forward date in my own tracking system to see what progress has been made.
Is there anything else I should do on this one?
 Regarding 379015, that is
absolutely not an issue appropriate for papercuts.

I was addressing the reporter when I said “perhaps the "papercuts" project.”
When I looked again at the papercuts criteria, I realized that it did not
apply to this bug and I did not pursue it for this bug report.

I agree with you
that this bug should not be associated with the papercuts
project.

671835 is not even a bug report in it's current
form.
 I submitted
this one in the application as demonstration of my ability to respond to a
bug reporter’s emotional submission with a diplomatic answer, not as
a demonstration of a well triaged bug. I did not assign it a high
importance. Right now it is “undecided” importance.

Asking for apport
information

 I was advised on
the IRC ubuntu-bugs channel to use the standard replies for old bugs.
 https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Responses#Old_untouched_bugs

That standard
response for old untouched bugs, asks for the apport information. I use
this standard reply as the basis of my usual “blurb” for the
old bugs.

Thanks for your
insight into the bug triaging process, Rolf. I applied to be part of the
bug control group as I was invited to do so by one of the bug control
members, while in conversation on the ubuntu-bugs IRQ channel.

I agree that I do
have a lot to learn and and am happy for your advice and
guidance.

Take care

Glady

 --------

Re: Application to Join the Ubuntu Bug Control Team

Thread
			Previous • Date
			Previous • Date
			Next • Thread