ubuntu-ca-guelph team mailing list archive

LOLUG June 2014 Meetup, & do we need an IRC meeting?

Hellooo Everybodeee!  Just a quick note to let you know about all the
things not happening in the Ubuntu-ca communities.

There's no IRC/Video Chat meeting scheduled.  The last few meetings
have been sparsely attended, and have been mostly me talking to
myself.  There's not a great deal of global activity until a few weeks
before the next release (23 October 2014), but if anyone wants to have
an IRC meeting (or a VideoChat meeting (or both)) sooner then let me
know and I'll put something on the LoCo Portal.  Or even better, head
over to the LoCo Portal yourself and create a new event!
http://loco.ubuntu.com/teams/ubuntu-ca/

There's also no Ubuntu Hour scheduled in Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph
or Toronto. Or Perth, Peterborough, Winnipeg, Moncton or anywhere in
Alberta.  I could schedule something in K or W, but that's probably
not going to happen until July. In the meantime I'm happy to go to any
Ubuntu Hours put on by anyone else within an hour's drive from here.
Sorry, Alberta.

All it takes to run an Ubuntu Hour is to create an event on the LoCo
Portal and let the mailing list know, then go to your favorite coffee
shop or restaurant and hang out for an hour. People show up, and
that's your Ubuntu Hour. There are some handy Ubuntu logo tabletop
standups so people can find your table without asking awkward
questions: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CanadianTeam/standups

One event that *isn't* not happening is the LOLUG June 2014 Meetup in
London, Ontario. Thanx to Jean-Paul Sauve (Seven_Six_Two in IRC) for
arranging that.

*What*: LOLUG June 2014 Meetup
*When*: Sat, 21 June 2014 13:00 - 14:00 EDT
*Where*: London Public Library, Central Branch
*Address*: 251 Dundas St., London, Ontario
*Map*: http://osm.org/go/ZXkOhoP0--?m=
*LoCoPortal*: http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/2832/detail/

I think registration is optional, but it can't hurt.

Finally, the Mississauga LUG also has regular meetups. Formerly known
as the Mississauga Ubuntu Meet Up (or MUMU for short), you can find
them at Shoeless Joe's (Map: http://osm.org/go/ZXt1xHfE-?m= ) on the
third Tuesday every month. More info at http://mississaugalug.ca/

That's it for now. See you at an Ubuntu Hour. Right?

- --Bob.

- --

Bob Jonkman <bjonkman@xxxxxxxxx>          Phone: +1-519-669-0388
http://bob.jonkman.ca/blogs/    http://sn.jonkman.ca/bobjonkman/