From: Laura Czajkowski <laura@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 5:52 AM
Subject: Ubuntu LoCo Re Approval Process
To: "Ubuntu local community team (LoCo) contacts"
<loco-contacts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Aloha,

I’m writing to you from the Ubuntu LoCo Council.  For the Lucid cycle we
have undertaken to look at the re approving all approved Ubuntu LoCos.
This was discussed at UDS Lucid in
November.(https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/community-lucid-loco-council-plans)
<https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/community-lucid-loco-council-plans%29>

We thought it best to publicise and inform everyone about the re
approval process of a LoCo.  It was decided back at UDS to start this
process.  It gives us a chance to see how LoCos are doing, if they need
a hand in areas and to give you a chance to give us some feedback.

How it will work, for all teams which have been approved over 2 years,
a member of the LoCo Council is selected to be the point of contact with
the LoCo team for re-approval, they will contact your Team contact / leader.

They will attempt to contact you three times over one month.  Once
contact is made,  you will then invite you to the next available  IRC
meeting.  Using the method you were originally approved,
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoGettingApproved.  We just want to see how
you’ve progressed, your activity, and if you’ve had any issues, how
you’ve handled them.

During this time, we may need to have more IRC meetings, but we will let
you know when you are requested to attend. The re approval process is
documented and the information is on the wiki
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil/LoCoTeamReApproval

The members of the current LoCo Council you will hear from are
regarding this re approval process are

·  Laura Czajkowski (czajkowski)
·  Alan Pope (popey)
·  Jan Claeys (janc)
·  Efrain Valles (effie-jayx)
·  Christophe Sauthier (huats)
·  Chris Crisafulli (itnet7)

If you have any other queries about this, you can email us.
loco-council<at>lists.ubuntu.com

Regards

Laura on behalf of the Ubuntu LoCo Council

--

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/czajkowski
http://www.lczajkowski.com