ubuntu-cyclists team mailing list archive

Re: GPS tracker & training software?

According to Michael Haas:

> Hello,
>
> I've recently bought a GPS tracker. Basically, it just records where
> you're going. It's fun to use it when riding in the woods so you know
> where you've actually gone. However, just looking at tracks in Google
> Earth gets old after a while.
>
> Does anyone know if there's some nice training planner which can use GPS
> data to track training progress?

It's not really a training planner but I feed all my GPS track logs to Viking.
Viking is able to fetch the maps from Google and other sources. You can
graph speed and altitude per track.

https://launchpad.net/viking

My GPS is a Garmin eTrex Summit HC, very good, robust, waterproof.
Too bad it's not an HCx (no SD card slot).

/Fabien