ubuntu-cyclists team mailing list archive

Re: Winter has arrived

> As winter starts in Montreal, I am wondering who else is biking through
> the winter.

It's finally starting to get cold in Colorado.  We usually have two or three
good snow storms by now, and we just barely got a little bit of snow that melted
as it landed a few days ago.

> I had to get a new bike as the one I had couldn't accommodate winter
> tires, I wrote about my first week and the buying process here (French):
> http://www.fabianrodriguez.com/blog/2008/11/29/23851-km-de-moins-en-voiture-lhiver-commence/

The road bikes are okay in cold, as long as there is no snow on the ground.  I
have really good Gore-tex clothing that keeps me warm, but is REALLY expensive,
so a wreck and a tear will be costly.

I have large mountains not even a 20 minute ride away, so I'll be doing a lot
more mountain biking.  This gives me the safety of staying away from the road
when it snows (people who move from California to here have no idea how to drive
in the snow :)

--
Paul Hummer
http://theironlion.net