ubuntu-desktop-course-ru team mailing list archive

Ubuntu Manual

Всем привет!

Возможно, кому-то будет интересен следующий проект:

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-manual
Designed to be as user-friendly and easy to follow as possible, it should
provide the first point of reference to any Ubuntu newcomer with lots of
information in one easy to access PDF file. Plus, every six months there
will be a new revision released to coincide with each new release of Ubuntu.

Contributions of any kind are welcome.

Translations

Currently we have *no infastructure* in place to handle translations - LaTeX
doesn't play nice with the Launchpad rosetta system, so we have to figure
out another way to support translations - possibly using separate branches.

Another problem we have is that LaTeX doesn't have good UTF-8 support, so
it's very hard for special characters such as in the Arabic and Chinese
languages to be used under LaTeX.

We are thinking of possibly leaving translations until after the alpha
release.
For the meantime, if you are interested in translating then by all means get
the latest branch through bzr and start translating the first few chapters
into a plain text file. That way, when we do get the necessary
infrastructure in place, it will be easy to just transfer what you've done -
and it will give you something to do in the meantime.

[ENG] Best Regards
[GER] Mit freundlichen Grüßen
[RUS] С наилучшими пожеланиями
[UKR] З найкращими побажаннями