[Question #41045]: What is the battery life on a 901 using Ubuntu EEE?

Asus made a big deal promising about 8 hours of battery life for the 901 model, and from what I found so far is that its not true.  I also heard that Linux is the worst for battery life.  So I'm wondering exactly what you guys are getting on using Ubuntu EEE or some tricks to maximize battery life as I'm a prospective buyer of the 901 and future user of Ubuntu EEE.