[Question #41613]: eeexubuntu 7.10 to 8.04.1 upgrade

I'm asking an obvious question here but can't see to be able to find the answer. I am presently using 7.10 eeexubuntu installed via instructions on the eeeUser wiki. Is going to 8.04.1 via the instructions on the ubuntu-eee page going to wipe my entire system, or is this an upgrade. I would like to upgrade to 8.04, not wipe my system as I have put hours into structuring it, setting up shares, etc. Are the instructions on the ubuntu-eee page what I should do to UPGRADE to 8.04.1, or how should I proceed?

Thanks in advance.