[Question #42024]: brightness keys (fn-f3/f4) stop working after eee 901 is put to sleep.

A few things in the acpi seem wonky on my eee pc 901.  This is my first linux laptop (so I'm pretty unfamiliar with acpi) and I've tried following the acpi logs - the output is the same before and after I put my computer to sleep.  But once I put my computer to sleep (for the first time after bootup), the brightness keys no longer work.  I tried restarting acpid and executing the brightness keys again, but still it doesn't work.  Also tried executing the scripts that change the brightness and that doesn't work.

Also, the wiki on the 901 seems a bit incomplete - it mentions explicitly fixes for volume and bringing back osd.  For brightness, I don't get an osd when the brightness goes up and down - though I do see brightness bars/osd when I plug and unplug my computer from ac.

Should it be obvious why the brightness keys stop working especially after sleep?