[Question #43739]: nm-applet asks for keyring password

Version: Ubuntu eee 8.0.4.1
System: eeePC 901
User: linux noob

I have my login set to log me in automatically on start, but I get the message "The application nm-applet wants access to the default keyring but it is locked... Enter password".  My default password works but I would like to avoid this.

Apparently this is a common issue with Ubuntu and perhaps linux in general.  There is a workaround posted on the Ubuntu formum here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?s=f5de5634f4448d733a599c23e4bb0257&p=2776815&postcount=1

But, it doesn't seem to work on RC1.  Can anyone tell me how to work around this issue? (Note: linux noob)

Thanks, Stan