[Question #43926]: WICD for Xubuntu

Hi,
Don't know if i got to the right place, but kan WICD be used under xubuntu 8.04 and the Xfce desktop?
If so, do the install-instructions for ubuntu 8.04 apply?

I'm using an old Compaq laptop Armada 1700, PII, 166 m RAM, 3 GB HD and a Linksys WPC54G wireless card.
Before installing xubuntu, i have tried the latest version of zenwalker, but there wicd froze my PC and the same happened when i installed WICD in accordance with instructions on the download-page of WICD on the same laptop under xubuntu 8.04