Re: [Question #43963]: My skype and firefox crash a lot.

Adam McDaniel proposed the following answer:
Some people (outside of ubuntu-eee or even the EeePC) noted that firefox
3 has issues validating suspected attack or forgery sites.

Try this:
Open Firefox Preferences -> Security -> Uncheck the two checkboxes: "Tell me if the site I'm visiting is a suspected attack site" & "...suspected forgery site".

If the problem persists, rather than run firefox or skype from an icon,
run them from the command-line. If they crash, they may give a hint as
to why in the terminal output.