Re: [Question #43167]: Camera still not working with 8.04.1

BrownieBoy proposed the following answer:
I installed the Ubuntu Eee 8.04.1 RC2 and had no Webcam on my 701
either.  Cheese didn't work, and when I tried enable video in Skype, it
said that there we "No Devices Available".

The solution was simple: the webcam had been disabled in the BIOS!  I
didn't do this.  It was working fine in the default Xandros setup, so I
can only guess that something in the Ubuntu EEE setup process disables
it for some reason.