Re: [Question #44555]: Mounting issues post 8.04.1 EEE install

thefebruaryman posted a new comment:
Hi guys, I had the same problem on my 900. i managed to at in the

/dev/sdb1 /home ext3 defaults,noatime,errors=remount-ro 0 1

line at the bottom of the fstab folder using

sudo gedit fstab

once in the directory and i used partition manager to formate the sdb1
to ext3 format. But after doing so I could find where to put/how to add
the (in my case 'ninetails') on the sdb1. Thinking that I may have to
restart my eee to have the sdb1 accessible to change I can no longer get
past the login.

After entering my password I get the message that my home directory
/home/ninetails doesn;t exist and if i want to log in with root as my
home. I go to yes whuch gives out

User's $HOME/.dmrc file is being ignored. This prevents he default
session and language from being saved. etc....

after this i get another message saying about the last session only
lasting 10 secs and something about an install problem.

Could you please by any chance make the above instructions; espcially
the last bit; a little more clear as i am very much a noob at this
stuff.

Also am i guessing that i have to reinstall as i can't get in via safe
mode to a promte as it doesnt accept my password?

tom