[Question #45079]: Wireless network slow

I resent got a eee pc 900 and installed ubuntueee 8.04.1, but when I try to connect to my network thrue wifi it is so slow
and I got pingtimes up to 17000ms and 40-90 % packet loss. When I check "Connection Information" everything seems to be ok, like speed 54Mb/s, I got IP andess from my dhcp server and connection signal is 97%.
I realy whant this little fellow to be mobile :) so I hope there is a soulution for this.

Thanks
Erik